Voyage Linux / Features
It can also run on low-end x86 PC platforms. Typical installation requires 256MB disk space, although larger storage allows more packages to be installed. Voyage Linux is so small that it is best suitable for running a full-feature firewall, wireless access point, Asterisk/VoIP gateway, music player or network storage device.
For faster download, please download from mirror sites
See README for installation instructions and further information. Follow this page for Live-CD instructions.
Here are some highlighted features of Voyage Linux:
- Basic features
- based on Debian Sarge r3.1/Etch r4.0/Lenny r5.0/Squeeze r6.0/Wheezy 7.0 - stripped down only 256MB disk space required
- highly extensible through apt package management
- The kernel
- Linux 3.0/2.6 kernel - always latest.
- Full PC Engines ALIX/WRAP board support - watchdog, gpio, temperature reading and LED patch.
- WiFi support
- built in ath9k, ath5k/madwifi(-ng), hostap, prism54, optional ndiswrapper drivers and tonnes of wireless drivers
- Wireless access point support in NAT or bridge mode.
- WPA/WPA2 support via hostapd and wpa_supplicant
- WDS support via nl80211, hostap or madwifi drivers
- hostap txpower and non-volatile firmware download support
- Captive Portal: built-in nocatsplash support, optional nocatauth package available
- General usage examples